Play Audio Version Of This Post
Credit cards frauds are very common these days and to reduce your chances of being subjected to credit card fraud you may take note of the following points:
- Avoid keeping your credit card loosely in your pockets or bags and always keep it in the same place within your wallet or purse so that you can realize it as soon as it is missing.
- Never leave your credit card unattended, and always memorize your PIN number and change it regularly and never keep a copy of your PIN number in your wallet or write it on your credit card, and at no point disclose your PIN number to anyone.
- Do make sure that the merchant processes the transaction on your credit card in front of you. Yet you need to check out the amounts and details prior to signing on the charge slip, and do not forget to collect your credit card back once the transaction is completed.
- Always call your banking customer services, if you have any suspicions or doubts regarding your credit card transactions, and check your bank statements regularly.
- Never give out your credit card number, date of expiry, Pin number and your personal details to an email which seeks to obtain your personal information or never submit the same to any telephonic survey also.
- You must never take assistance from unknown people and strangers at the ATM, however reliable they may seem while using your credit card at the ATM.
- Never hand the consignment containing your credit card once delivered to you back to the delivery boy under any pretext.
- Never hand over your credit card to anyone besides the merchant while making a payment and this includes people claiming to be representatives of issuing bank.
- While making online payments, ensure that the browsers are closed once the transaction is completed and use all the security methods provided by the bank for safe online transactions.